The creation of Waldorf Doll Saoirse

Every Waldorf doll starts out as a simple ball of wool. I started out with twisting and wrapping long pieces of wool, while also felting lightly with my needles. Mostly only where each strip of wool ends. As I went along, I then encased the ball in flat fluffy squares of wool.

Next I placed the head into the stocking and tied off the eye line and chin line. The fun begins here. This is where the doll begins to come to life. I don't know her name yet. I know the hair I am going to use will most like be a fiery mix of ginger and red. I pulled out my needles and felt her nose first. All along the while, I checked the shaping. I felted in cheeks, her chin comes next and then her lips. I ended up with something like this.





Every feature must be exaggerated to show under the skin cloth. It wasn't clear to me if her features would work, but I tested by placing the cloth over her face and pulling it taut. I checked her from the side, straight on and from above.





I went in for a little more sculpting on her nose. I then sewed her head clothe, I stuff from neck up. This keeps away granny neck. She gets her body, including details like a belly button and tiny waldorf doll feet. I added her fiery locks and Now I see Saoirse is here.





Waldorf Doll Saoirse is ready and excited to be adopted. You can find her in the store: https://squeetieswaldorfdolls.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwaldorf-doll-saoirse

Comments

Popular Posts