Waldorf Doll Freya



Meet the new Waldorf Doll to join the Squeeties team - Freya.  Freya has strands of bright red, orange and purple reds.  She has sweet little eyes with lashes and pretty little pink mouth.  Her arms hang down instead of out like the other girls.  I've been experimenting with my pattern and finding new ways to do things.  She will still fit in any and all Waldorf Doll clothing I make.  

I will also feature a tutorial on the creation of the infamous Squeeties wrap dress that I designed.  I'll include a bit on how to make felt or cloth flowers and offer an option to use ties instead since not everyone will have cam snaps.

And a question for Squeetie followers - should I modify my pattern to include more defined feet?  I purchased a pattern from Cutie Creations (Lali Dolls she's amazingly talented) and I think her pattern is perfect but I have a different style, chubbier dolls and am going to stick with what works for me.  That said, I like the idea of the feet being more formed yet small.  I'm thinking more of a curve out as opposed to a separately sewn foot.  I may not change up the feet at all though.  

I also picked up a cool new to me technique from Fig and Me who is also amazingly talented and inspiring. I rolled the wool to stuff the arm and really a, impressed by the smoothness but also the density.  Normally I stuff small fluffs of wool and compress and massage into smoothness.  This was actually faster and produced excellent results.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/700520292/custom-made-waldorf-cloth-doll-sweet-and?ref=shop_home_active_3&cns=1

Comments

Popular Posts